Ocean Inspection and Maintenance (Pty) Ltd, based in Cape Town, South Africa, is part of the Ocean Atlantic International Group (OAI) of companies.
OAI is head quartered in Singapore, with branches internationally, including in India, Angola, Nigeria, Gabon and other parts of West Africa. OAI is a world-leading organisation, providing specialist sub-sea engineering services and innovative solutions to the international oil and gas industry, both offshore and onshore.
Ocean Inspection and Maintenance (OIM) was set up in Cape Town, South Africa, in 2018, in order to meet a growing demand for topside inspection and maintenance in the international oil and gas industry. Leveraging the expertise of OAI as well as that of our founders (Gordon Fry and Ivan Gradidge), our model of providing innovative, cost effective and outstanding service will allow us to deliver in any environment. Our passion for innovation and commitment to succeed, are ingredients that have stood us in good stead. Our well-established networks throughout Sub-Saharan Africa ensures that we have the perfect team and expertise to promise the smooth delivery on all our projects. Our collaborative approach ensures that we forge strong relationships and partnerships with several companies across the globe.
At our core we seek to find solutions by constantly challenging the status quo. We will seek out and embrace technology globally, whilst delivering outstanding services locally.
Our robust service offering includes:
- Asset Integrity
- In-Service Inspection
- Integrity Management
- Rope Access
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV)
At OIM, we are committed to achieving our objectives and making a real impact in the communities in which we work. Our business is founded on a set of core beliefs and values:
- We believe that providing outstanding service does not have to come at a premium.
- We believe in actively seeking out new developments in technology and making them accessible to local markets.
- We believe in working closely with our clients and partners to achieve success.
- We believe in a commitment to providing the highest level of professionalism, service response and quality workmanship.
- We believe in the development of skills across the African continent. We are committed to partnering with local communities and upskilling local labour forces.
- We believe in service excellence and are committed to offering our customers an unparalleled experience.
- We believe in being driven by the core values of care, integrity, passion, ingenuity, collaboration and excellence.
- We believe that the innovative and affordable solutions we provide will enable our client’s assets to deliver consistent operational excellence.
HEALTH & SAFETY
Occupational Health and Safety is something that is of paramount importance to us at OIM. We will maintain an effective and efficient Quality Management System based on the requirements of ISO9001:2015.
We are proud to have attained ISO9001 accreditation and International Rope Access (IRATA) certification.
OIM is also currently in process with ISO 45001 Occupational Health and Safety management system, as well as Bureau Veritas Classification Society approval as a service provider engaged in Class and/or Statutory surveys.
We are proud to have partnered with some leading organisations and captains of industry.
These strategic partners include:
UAV Industries have a simple vision: “To become the standard for safe and legal drone operations in Africa”. UAV Industries founders and staff have vast experience in both aviation and technology. In bringing these two spheres together, we are at the forefront of creating a comprehensive digital platform to allow for the seamless integration of:
- Drone training
- Flight planning
- Safe, legal and insured flights
- Drone management
- Flight data analysis and reporting
UAV Industries is the only company in Africa to have both a certified drone training school and a drone operators’ certificate.
We are a small, yet growing, team with big dreams. We harness the synergy from our diversity and competencies to deliver the highest level of service.
Gordon Fry is the Managing Director of OIM.
With more than 30 years’ experience in the Oil & Gas and Petrochemical Industry, Gordon is an Experienced Inspection Methods Engineer with extensive field experience in Marine, Class related Surveys, FPSO’s, Oil Tankers, MODU’s & Offshore Drilling. He is a talented engineering professional with competence in:
- Visual and Non-Destructive testing of Structure, Piping, Pressure Vessels and Tanks
- Corrosion Surveys
- Welding Inspection
- Risk Based Analysis
- Integrity Management
- UAV Surveys
Ivan Gradidge is the Operations Director of OIM.
Ivan has 27 years’ experience in Marine & Industrial Inspection, Quality Control and Non-Destructive testing. Ivan’s valuable industry experience extends to:
• Ship building
• Ship / Semi-submersible repair
• Mobile Off-Shore Drilling Units
• Pressure Vessels
• Piping & Pressure Vessels
• Petrochemical plants
• Refinery’s and Offshore installations
His experience also includes:
• Management of Marine & Industrial Inspection and Rope Access Companies
• Heading up Class surveys
• Carrying out structural, piping, plant and platform integrity
• Conducting coating and corrosion assessment surveys
• Overall Quality Control
Richard Andrews is the Strategic Business Consultant of OIM.
Richard holds a Bachelor of Commerce in Finance & Business Management.
As the owner and founder of Diversiti Management Consulting, Richard caters specifically to the needs of SMEs. With a well-established network he is gifted in facilitating mutually beneficial collaborations, and sourcing fresh ideas to increase productivity. By improving the managerial and operational efficiencies of his clients, he works towards unlocking their growth and revenue potential. He is passionate about helping small and medium sized businesses to flourish, through the design and use of robust processes and strategic direction.
Richard’s work experience includes:
- Managing Director of Inspiration Office (9 years)
- Director of Sevenoaks Sports Management (3 years)
- Director of Sevenoaks Financial Services (3 years)
- Banker at Investec Private Bank (London: 5 years, Johannesburg: 4 years)
Graeme Stead – QA / QC Inspection Manager
Graeme has 28 years Inspection in Marine and Oil / Gas Industries. He has extensive field experience in Class survey’s of Ship’s hulls, Piping and Pressure vessel In-service Inspection, Structural surveys, Riser and platform jacket Inspection, Lifting Equipment surveys as well as Maintaining company classification society approvals. BV, DNVGL, ABS and Lloyd’s Register.
Additional Experience includes:
- Qualified and skilled HSE Supervisor/Auditor and competent in the Implementation of HSE programs
- ISO 9001 Quality system Auditor and proficient in Implementation of QMS
- Sound working knowledge of all major inspection standards, ASME, ANSI, API, AWS, ASTM, BS, EN, ISO, Coating standards etc.
- Working knowledge of Specifications, Materials, Engineering Construction, MODU’s, Jacket structures, Risers, Structural components, Ship’s hull structures, Pressure Vessels, PSV’s, Piping and Coating Systems
- Welding and fabrication inspection experience. QC Performing welders coding to ASME IX, welding procedure qualification test, tensile tests and material composition and conformance to standards
- Witnessing of lifting equipment statutory inspection. Load test lifting plan development and implementation
Nicholas Wienand is the Rope Access Manager of OIM.
Nicholas is the IRATA Technical Authority of OIM with 20 years’ experience in the Rope Access Industry. Nicholas is a former RAFAA & IRATA Rope access trainer & holds a NEBOSH certificate in Occupational Health & Safety. His experience includes:
- An experienced Level 3 Rope Access Supervisor
- 14 years Offshore work experience in Oil & Gas
Nicholas has worked both locally and internationally and has extensive training experience in technical Rope Access work which he has provided to various government entities including:
- Metro Rescue
- Fire & Rescue
- Petro-chemical plants
- Offshore on a variety of Oil platforms
Pedro Domingos: Rope Access Training Manager
Pedro is the IRATA Rope Access Training Manager for OIM. He has extensive work experience as a Level 3 Supervisor and Rope Access coordinator in Oil & Gas, Marine and Civil Construction since 2003.
He has been involved in Rope Access training for several years and is responsible for training in excess of 2000 IRATA Technicians in Angola. His vast knowledge and experience is a significant asset and he is an integral part of the OIM team.
Michelle Renee – Office Administration Manager
Michelle has over 17 years’ experience in the management and control of the offshore support office environment, with extensive knowledge in the Logistics administration of personnel in the Oil & Gas industry. She is proficient in Office management, administration, accounting and Human Resources, as well as managing all Rope access and Inspection equipment requirements.
Her previous experience with some of the top companies in the industry brings a dynamic energy to the OIM team.